- Ecuador set for mango contraction
Volumes expected to fall by around a third in 2015/16 as temperatures rise says Fundación Mango
- Frais d’Ici stresses the local
A second Frais d’Ici grocery outlet is to open in France in the autumn, offering an alternative to the traditional supermarket
- Kent fruit packer 'finds woman and child in lorry'
Migrant stowaways, trodden fruit pallets and escalating order cancellations are now ‘weekly occurrence’, says distributor
- WA apple forecast down on last year
Comment: Fresh from visiting key players in the Washington apple industry, US correspondent Jeff Long offers an insight into the 2015/16 season
- Decorvet in as Ward steps down at Lonrho
Ben Ward leaves his post as CEO of the agribusiness division "by mutual consent", with Roland Decorvet in as group CEO
- Cameron announces emergency Calais measures
Extra sniffer dog and fencing will be sent to Calais as migrant crisis continues, with MoD land used for traffic relief in Kent
- France gets behind bioplastics
A law on energy transition and green growth has just been passed in France that strongly promotes the use of bioplastics in packaging.
- Mango importers mix and match
Mango suppliers are experimenting with shipping trials for better-tasting varieties as consumers become more aware of quality