Fresh Produce Journal editor Michael Barker is joined at Fruit Logistica by colleagues Fred Searle and Ed Leahy, plus Fruitnet’s Chris White, Maura Maxwell and Mike Knowles, to discuss some of the most interesting news stories from this year’s essential industry get-together in Berlin. Including:
• Food scanners that could enable consumers to test the quality of their fruit and veg before they buy it.
• How companies in the UK are putting new strategies in place to cope with the impact of Brexit in areas such as labour provision.
• The advantages and benefits of bringing the trade together in Berlin.
• An update on Spanish production and new opportunities to source products from Latin American countries including Colombia.
• Plus news of some interesting talks from Chiquita and Tesco at this year’s Fruitnet World of Fresh Ideas.