Banana growers in Suriname will receive a €1.3m subsidy from the EU to help expand irrigation systems serving plantations. Since 2000 the EU has made €23m available to restructure the country's banana sector.
Tuesday 29th April 2008, 00:00 London
€1.3m for Suriname banana growers
The European Union will subsidise Suriname banana growers
- 1 Moko threatens Suriname bananas
- 2 Univeg buys into Suriname bananas
- 3 Caricom threatens walk-out over bananas
- 4 French West Indies banana shipments return to France
- 5 Researchers dispense post-hurricane advice
- 6 Aldi acts on black plastic
- 7 Third of fresh produce 'too ugly to sell'
- 8 Maersk turns out Q2 profit
- 9 Gordon Robertson appointed CRO at Apeel
- 10 ONE makes cool move