This season's first Dutch cherries have been harvested, to be marketed by Fruitmasters. The first 250g box containing 20 cherries was bought by commissioner Willy Bouwmen at a charity auction for €118.
Tuesday 22nd April 2008, 00:00 London
First Dutch cherries harvested
Fruitmasters will market the season's first cherries from the Netherlands
- 1 Fresh produce companies ‘are part of a food culture’
- 2 Shifting supply lines in the global fruit trade
- 3 EC extends support for fruit producers
- 4 Olympic Fruit looks beyond Russia
- 5 Data: Who buys stonefruit from Europe?
- 6 Fruit Logistica: 125 stories you may have missed
- 7 Positive signs for suppliers in Europe
- 8 Subscribers onlyEU exporters react to Russia ban
- 9 Russia to impose ban on EU & US produce
- 10 Russia threatens EU fruit and veg ban