The California Walnut Board has revealed that traditional European markets such as Germany, Italy and Spain will import an increased number of shelled walnuts this year, up from 9,802 tonnes to a total of 12,261 tonnes.
Tuesday 22nd April 2008, 00:00 London
Californian walnuts popularity grows
12,261 tonnes of walnuts will go to key European countries this year
- 1 US puts China's fresh produce in firing line
- 2 Produce in firing line as US sparks trade war
- 3 Nuts, fruit and veg top EU food recall chart
- 4 Besana invests €2m in new supply
- 5 A new avocado avenue for Italy?
- 6 Valencia growers count cost of frost damage
- 7 Icy blast puts Italian harvests in jeopardy
- 8 Spanish growers count cost of cold snap
- 9 Honorary degree for dried fruit and nut expert
- 10 Westfalia boosts LatAm sourcing with Agricom deal