Metro Group has reported strong sales growth in its full-year results for 2007, up 10.4 per cent to €64.3bn, with net debt “significantly reduced” by €947m to a total of €4.3bn for the same period. “Our successful financials in 2007 build a strong foundation for the future value-creating growth strategy of Metro,” said group CEO Eckhard Cordes.
Wednesday 19th March 2008, 00:00 London
Good FY results for Metro
Metro's full-year sales grew by 10.4 per cent in 2007
- 1 Flavour of tomatoes ‘needs to improve’
- 2 S-Group converts produce offer to RPCs
- 3 Fruit Logistica: still the industry’s best shop window
- 4 Nuts, fruit and veg top EU food recall chart
- 5 Outdoor strawberry season kicks off in Germany
- 6 A fork in the retail road for fresh produce companies?
- 7 Bayer highlights cucumber opportunities
- 8 Quality trumps price for European consumers
- 9 What next for the European tomato trade?
- 10 Landgard kicks off German pepper supply