The German city of Hamburg has purchased a 20 per cent stake in a newly-formed consortium that also includes Kuehne Holding and MM Warburg & Co, with the intention of bidding for TUI's container shipping service Hapag Lloyd. Neptune Orient Lines has also been linked with Hapag.
Wednesday 28th May 2008, 00:00 London
Hamburg to join Hapag bidding
A newly formed consortium has been created to bid for Hapag-Lloyd
- 1 MSC sends first CA cargo from Spain to Asia
- 2 Founding president of CMA CGM Group dies
- 3 RPCs have CO2 edge
- 4 Blockchain: myth or salvation?
- 5 APL extends Eagle GO service
- 6 S-Group converts produce offer to RPCs
- 7 Hapag-Lloyd enjoys improved Q1
- 8 Seatrade signs deal with Hapag-Lloyd
- 9 RPCs 'more carbon friendly'
- 10 The next step in ripening