A dispute over the Del Monte trademark has led to a complaint being filed in a US District Court in New York, which could see Del Monte Pacific, the Singapore-based group, face a US$100m lawsuit. The move was made by Fresh Del Monte Produce, the licensee of the Del Monte brand in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, which claims that Del Monte Pacific has been selling products in its territories. Del Monte Pacific, which operates in China, India and the Philippines amongst other countries, has vowed to fight the claims, saying that the lawsuit was "without merit".
Wednesday 28th May 2008, 09:47 London
Del Monte Pacific faces US$100m lawsuit
Fresh Del Monte have initiated a trademark complaint
- 1 Steep rise in Chilean avocado exports
- 2 Mulholland family features in Sunkist Family Stories
- 3 California prunes in the limelight
- 4 Costa Rica pins hopes on China's pineapple intake
- 5 Amazon can 'treat whole food category as a loss leader'
- 6 NatureFresh to bring Tomberry to North America
- 7 Kissabel: new brand for red-flesh apples
- 8 Dole finds your lack of health disturbing
- 9 Chiquita bananas in the pink
- 10 S&A Produce invests in Chilean blues