Meiosis is on the look out for a new senior technical manager.
This is a senior technical role that is based at the Meiosis office in East Malling, Kent, reporting to the CEO. The senior technical manager is responsible for leading a team that achieves the technical objectives of Meiosis and the parent company the Nuclear Stock Association Ltd (NSA).
The Meiosis business is primarily involved in soft-fruit variety licensing and the NSA business is focused on high-health mother plant maintenance and propagation. The activities of both companies support fruit breeders and propagators internationally.
Key aspects of the role:
• Provision of technical guidance to the management team.
• Maintaining close contact with research institutes, plant breeders, tissue culture laboratories, propagator nurseries and triallists.
• Managing the provision of trial plant material, visiting trial sites to monitor variety performance.
• Evaluation and interpretation of trials data, compiling summary reports and promotional material, and presentation of variety information.
• Attendance at conferences and trade shows to promote the portfolio varieties.
• Supporting varieties through liaison with retail customers.
• Responsibility for the company’s hi-h health plant facility.
• Experience and understanding of the commercial s-ft fruit industry an advantage
• Auditing of both propagators and fruit growers on a global basis.
• Good communications skills are essential.
• Language skills would be an advantage.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access is required.
• Based in Kent, UK with frequent overseas travel.
• A full clean driving licence is a requirement.
Remuneration and package in line with experience.
Applications with a copy of CV in confidence to: email@example.com