We are delighted to confirm the full programme for Global Tomato Congress, which takes place at the Beurs-WTC in Rotterdam on 26 November.
By taking our popular global congress format and applying it to the fresh tomato category, we want to celebrate all that is new and interesting about this particular part of the produce business.
We've got some fantastic speakers lined up from all parts of the fresh tomato value chain, including:
• In-depth category and market analysis from Kantar and AMI
• German retailer Stephan Weist of Rewe Group and Andreas Allenspach of Coop Switzerland
• Dean Taylor of Sunset brand owner Mastronardi on the role of branding
• Arend Schot of Syngenta on the future of the category
• Jan Doldersum of Rijk Zwaan looks at retailing trends in China
• Emma Burke of UK group APS Salads on building healthy, sustainable production
• Antonio Domene of Spain's largest tomato supplier Casì considers future challenges
• Clive Garrett of ZZ2, the Southern Hemisphere's biggest tomato producer
• Panel discussion on new varieties, featuring four of the world's leading tomato seed breeders
• Ideas and inspiration in packaging, robotics, lighting, crop protection, sourcing, merchandising and marketing
• Expert contributions from Hoogstraten, Prominent, Looiye, Bjertnæs & Hoel, Enza Zaden, Axia Vegetable Seeds, Freshtrategy, Royal Brinkman and more
With the Global Tomato Congress, we are aiming to repeat the success of our annual Global Berry Congress, delivering useful information and excellent networking via a high-energy, interactive multimedia show that’s positively brimming with ideas.
With informative and entertaining multimedia content available on three different stages located within a single networking and expo area, this is an event that’s designed to be fun, not just fruitful.
As a delegate, you’re free to come and go as you please: take a seat at our Headline Hub main stage, where you can get a clear idea of what’s happening in the international market and the trends likely to shape the tomato business in future; wander over to the Fresh Ideas stage, where experts from different areas of the business will focus on a range of more specialist topics; or grab a spot at the Launchpad stage, where our speakers’ invention and ingenuity will keep you up to date on the industry’s latest technological developments.
Global Tomato Congress is your event and we want you to get the very best out of it.