Britain's favourite fresh produce magazine since 1895
Nina Pullman

BY NINA PULLMAN

@nina_pullman

Grapes put dog in hospital

A dog spent 12 days in the vets with acute renal failure after eating a bunch of grapes

Grapes put dog in hospital
Grapes can cause acute renal failure in dogs

Related Articles

A dog was rushed to the vets after eating a bunch of grapes and going into acute renal failure.

After consuming the fruit Jake, a three-year-old Chihuahua Shi Tzu cross, was vomiting before going into acute renal failure, reported The Hampshire Chronicle.

Following a 12-day stay at the vets the dog recovered, although grapes are known to be toxic to canines and the prognosis is usually poor.

The RSPCA website states that any quantity of grapes, raisins, sultanas or currants can be toxic to dogs, and cooking does not reduce the risk of poisoning.

comments powered by Disqus

Keep informed...