Death at mushroom processing plant

Britain's favourite fresh produce magazine since 1895
Nina Pullman

BY NINA PULLMAN

@nina_pullman

Death at mushroom processing plant

One man died and two others were taken to hospital following an incident at a mushroom processing facility in Ireland

Death at mushroom processing plant

Related Articles

One man has died and two others were taken to hospital following an incident at a mushroom processing plant in the county of Monaghan.

According to reports in the local and national press, Gary Askin died while attempting to rescue his brother from a silo at McGee Mushrooms in Cornacrieve, Emyvale.

Emergency services received a call at around 8pm on 13 September about three men in their 20s suffering from breathing difficulties.

On arrival, paramedics found three men unconscious in a silo at the plant. One man was pronounced dead at the scene and two others were removed to Cavan General Hospital, a statement from the Irish Garda police said.

The area was sealed off pending a technical examination by Garda Crime Scene Examiners and the Health and Safety Authority. 

comments powered by Disqus

Keep informed...