One man has died and two others were taken to hospital following an incident at a mushroom processing plant in the county of Monaghan.
According to reports in the local and national press, Gary Askin died while attempting to rescue his brother from a silo at McGee Mushrooms in Cornacrieve, Emyvale.
Emergency services received a call at around 8pm on 13 September about three men in their 20s suffering from breathing difficulties.
On arrival, paramedics found three men unconscious in a silo at the plant. One man was pronounced dead at the scene and two others were removed to Cavan General Hospital, a statement from the Irish Garda police said.
The area was sealed off pending a technical examination by Garda Crime Scene Examiners and the Health and Safety Authority.