The five PMA-Produce Plus Marketer of the Year Award (MOYA) finalists will be showcasing their innovative campaigns at the Hort Connections Fresh Marketing Insights session on Wednesday 17 May.
From 11.30am, the five finalists will offer a rundown of their innovative fresh produce marketing, and take part in a discussion about the strategic thinking behind each campaign.
Offering first-hand insights into their marketing approaches, the session allows deleates to put their questions to the finalists at the Fresh Marketing Insights session, located in ‘P Rooms 1-3’ during day two of the Hort Connections event at the Adelaide Convention Centre.
Joining Produce Plus editor Gabrielle Easter at the MOYA Finalists session will be:
- Kylie McKnight on behalf of Australian Truss Tomatoes to discuss the ‘Vine ripened. Hand picked. Never bettered’ campaign – a collaborative effort by Costa, Flavorite and Perfection Fresh to increase awareness and consumption of truss tomatoes over the peak summer period.
- Craig Perring of Horticulture Innovation Australia to talk about the ‘Secret Serve’ campaign to increase consumption of onions at mealtimes among parents and their kids.
- Matt Stillwell of Compac Sorting Equipment to offer insights into the ‘Spectrim Launch’ marketing campaign that targeted a range of stakeholders to create awareness and position the produce grading system as the industry world leader, while also enhancing the brand reputation of Compac’s clients’ fresh produce.
- Janice Byrnes on behalf of Zespri’s sales and marketing team for a look into the ‘Go for Gold’ Australian campaign that helped increase Zespri’s SunGold kiwifruit sales.
- Julian Carbone and the Lenswood Apples marketing team to discuss the 2016 ‘Rockit Apple’ campaign that launched the new apple variety in Australia, introducing Rockit as a snack apple into the fast moving consumer goods marketplace.
The winner of the 2017 PMA-Produce Plus Marketer of the Year Award will be announced during the Hort Connections Gala Dinner later that night.
The Marketer of the Year Award, now in its sixth year, recognises outstanding achievement over the past year in fresh produce marketing in Australia or New Zealand, with each finalist profiled in the winter edition of Produce Plus, out now.