PMA Australia-New Zealand and Produce Plus Magazine are delighted to announce the finalists for the PMA-Produce Plus Marketer of the Year Award 2018.
Now in its seventh year, the premier award for marketing excellence in the Australasian fresh produce and floral industries attracted an impressive range of entries from all points of the value chain, with the judges having their work cut out to select the following five finalists:
- •The Flavorite, Costa and Perfection Fresh marketing teams for the ‘Australian Truss Tomatoes’ campaign which aimed to increase awareness and consumption of truss tomatoes over the peak summer period.
- •Zespri’s 2017 ‘Life’s Tastier When You Go for Gold’ Australian marketing campaign that successfully increased awareness and trial of Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit.
- •Favco Fruit and Vegetable Company and Fresh Partners Australia for the ‘Avocado Retail Ready Six-Pack’ campaign, which saw the launch of a new value-added avocado multi-pack.
- •Sydney Markets’ marketing team for the ‘Fresh for Kids’ campaign, which continues to combat low levels of fresh fruit and vegetable consumption within primary school aged children, more than 20 years after it first launched.
- •T&G Global’s marketing team for the ‘Lotatoes Potatoes’ campaign, which successfully segmented a market for a new lower carb potato offering.
Each entry was assessed on how compelling the campaign was, its unique features, how appropriate the marketing tools were to the product and target audience, how well it was targeted at the particular market segment, and evidence of its success.
“Narrowing it down to just five finalists was no easy task for our panel of judges, who were amazed by the depth of entries we received again this year,” explained Produce Plus editor Matthew Jones. “It just goes to show the quality of marketers we have in our industry at the moment.”
CEO of PMA Australia-New Zealand Darren Keating added: “It’s great to see the hard work, creativity and strategy that all of these businesses have put into their marketing activities. Congratulations to our 5 well deserving MOYA 2018 finalists who were chosen from a strong field of entries.”
PMA Australia-New Zealand and Produce Plus congratulate this year’s finalists and thank all of the nominees for their impressive entries. A report on the five finalists features in the upcoming Winter 2018 edition of Produce Plus, with the finalists also showcasing their campaigns on the trade show floor at Hort Connections in Brisbane on 20 June.
The winner of the seventh PMA-Produce Plus Marketer of the Year Award will be announced at the Hort Connections Gala Dinner later that evening.