The Australian Federal Government has moved to drive down food prices by relaxing restrictions on foreign supermarket chains. Retailers like Aldi will now be given five years to develop vacant commercial land, rather than the current 12 months.
Wednesday 30th April 2008, 09:00 Melbourne
Foreign influx in Aus?
Restrictions on retailers entering the market have been eased in Australia
- 1 BagTrans implements new mobility solution
- 2 Rombola Farms denies listeria link
- 3 New Director at PMA A-NZ
- 4 Redevelopment rejected at iconic Australian market
- 5 Rockmelon restocked by Australian retailer
- 6 Rockmelon sales plummet 90 per cent
- 7 Aussie Farmers Direct enters administration
- 8 Buoyant Australian citrus industry seeks expert advice
- 9 Big changes for Australian berries
- 10 Be a part of digital standardisation