The Australian Federal Government has moved to drive down food prices by relaxing restrictions on foreign supermarket chains. Retailers like Aldi will now be given five years to develop vacant commercial land, rather than the current 12 months.
Wednesday 30th April 2008, 09:00 Melbourne
Foreign influx in Aus?
Restrictions on retailers entering the market have been eased in Australia
- 1 Awarding New Zealand’s best
- 2 Sliced mushroom recall in Australia
- 3 South Korea shifts toward imported potato
- 4 Coles first to squeeze imported lemons
- 5 A Better Choice for Australian consumers
- 6 Drakes rejects Metcash supply
- 7 IG introduces Diva to India
- 8 Just Eat delivers global growth
- 9 BagTrans implements new mobility solution
- 10 Rombola Farms denies listeria link