The Australian Federal Government has moved to drive down food prices by relaxing restrictions on foreign supermarket chains. Retailers like Aldi will now be given five years to develop vacant commercial land, rather than the current 12 months.
Wednesday 30th April 2008, 09:00 Melbourne
Foreign influx in Aus?
Restrictions on retailers entering the market have been eased in Australia
- 1 Free market performance data for veg
- 2 Entries opening for MOYA 2018
- 3 Woolworths to open new 'dark stores'
- 4 Bright future for retail and wholesale markets
- 5 Aldi ups share of Australia's retail market
- 6 Vic ditches single-use plastic bags
- 7 WA brand launches retail campaign
- 8 Woolies head of produce moves to Countdown
- 9 Kaufland buys site in South Australia
- 10 Foodland scores win for satisfaction