What does the German consumer want? The answers will be on offer at this year’s German Fruit & Vegetable Congress, which takes place in Düsseldorf on 15-16 September 2016.
This year, the event’s programme is set to include the latest, most important market findings, as well as information about consumer trends, preferences and habits that organisers Fruchthandel Magazine, GS1 and AMI say should excite and surprise the 500 delegates who are expected to attend.
In addition, the event will offer a look behind the scenes, for example by illustrating how data can be obtained and put to good use.
Programme highlights this year include:
• Starting point – The relationship between producers, retailers and consumers
• Trendwatching – Innovation drives the business and must be marketed properly.
• Green power – Salads and vegetables are giving the retail department a boost
• The value of provenance – Is control possible?
• Online freshness & quality – Challenges in the growing food e-commerce market
• Process improvements – Better results through precise identification
• The market – Fruit and vegetable consumption in Germany: numbers, trends and facts
• The price is right – Or does it leave the consumer cold?
• Consumption in Germany
This year’s DOGK will kick off during the afternoon of Thursday, 15 September, with a special sensory seminar organised by Kölla, open only to DOGK 2016 participants. Showcasing different tasting and analysis techniques, as well as explaining supporting theories, the seminar will offer new insights that can help align product ranges better to consumer needs.
All the latest information about this year’s DOGK programme, registration and sponsorship opportunities is available on the website of organiser Fruchthandel Magazine. In addition, the website offers details of hotel accommodation availability.
Cooperation partners at this year’s event are Fruit Logistica Berlin, the German Fruit Trade Association (DFHV) and Germany’s National Association of Fruit & Vegetable Producer Organisations (BVEO), which is hosting the evening welcome get together.