Coming off the success of its current Bistro Salad Bowl line, Ready Pac Foods is taking the fresh single serve segment to the next level with even more produce-based, pantry load, complete meal solutions.
The group is aiming to broaden the definition of the single serve salad segment by launching six Bistro Bowl Wrap Kits, three new chopped salad bowl recipes, and a new brand and packaging redesign.
Nielsen market research indicates that consumers are looking for more filling alternatives within the portable meal segment. This research, along with key consumer trends, directly influenced Ready Pac to create the new wraps to meet the needs of consumers with heartier appetites.
Introduced this month, the six restaurant-inspired Bistro® Wrap Kits include:
- Thai Peanut Crunch – artisan sesame seed tortillas, crisp iceberg and cabbage mix, white chicken, celery, fire-roasted edamame, natural sweet Thai peanut sauce, carrots and red cabbage
- Garlic & Herb Caesar – artisan garlic & herb tortillas, crisp Romaine lettuce, white chicken, garlic and parmesan cheese sauce, parmesan-style cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, carrots and red cabbage
- Turkey Avocado Ranch – artisan chia seed tortillas, crisp iceberg lettuce, roasted seasoned white turkey meat, avocado ranch sauce, Monterey Jack-Colby cheese, black olives, carrots and red cabbage
- Buffalo Style Chicken – artisan chili onion tortillas, crisp iceberg lettuce, white chicken, mild cheddar cheese, fire-roasted corn, shredded carrots, diced celery and spicy Buffalo sauce
- Chicken Bacon Ranch – artisan flame-cooked flour tortillas, grape tomatoes, baby lettuce blend, greens, white chicken, ranch sauce, Monterey Jack-Colby cheese, carrots, red cabbage and bacon crumbles
- Chicken Caesar - artisan garlic & herb tortillas, white chicken, crisp Romaine lettuce, yogurt Caesar sauce, shredded cheese, carrots and red cabbage
“Customers have asked for delicious, portable meals, and we’ve listened,” stated Tristan Simpson, Ready Pac’s vice-president of corporate communications. “Our new line of Bistro products not only delivers exactly what retail customers are looking for, but does so in true Ready Pac fashion – fresh and tasty meal solutions at 300 calories or less.”
Ready Pac is also adding three new Chopped Salad recipes to their menu of Bistro-authentic single serve salads and, in addition to all flavourful new products, has rolled out a brand name update and fresh design for its Bistro product line.