Soriana, the Mexican retailer, has enjoyed a considerable increase in its share price since the announcement that it would purchase 198 Gigante stores in a US$1.35bn deal, with stock value jumping 21 per cent. Scotia Capital analyst Raul Ochoa told Reuters: "Soriana is in fashion because of the Gigante acquisition."
Tuesday 27th May 2008, 18:00 Central Time
Soriana's stock rises
Mexican group's purchase of Gigante stores boosts profile
- 1 First Dutch pears arrive in Mexico
- 2 Asian expansion propels global pineapple market
- 3 Just Eat delivers global growth
- 4 APAC parliaments foster growth
- 5 Why have avocados become so popular?
- 6 Fruitnet speaks to BBC World about avocados
- 7 GBC2017 lays down berry health challenge
- 8 Mission opens Breda ripening centre
- 9 Sunlight International wins supplier award
- 10 GBC2016: highlights from this year's event