Soriana, the Mexican retailer, has enjoyed a considerable increase in its share price since the announcement that it would purchase 198 Gigante stores in a US$1.35bn deal, with stock value jumping 21 per cent. Scotia Capital analyst Raul Ochoa told Reuters: "Soriana is in fashion because of the Gigante acquisition."
Tuesday 27th May 2008, 18:00 Central Time
Soriana's stock rises
Mexican group's purchase of Gigante stores boosts profile
- 1 Why have avocados become so popular?
- 2 Fruitnet speaks to BBC World about avocados
- 3 GBC2017 lays down berry health challenge
- 4 Mission opens Breda ripening centre
- 5 Sunlight International wins supplier award
- 6 GBC2016: highlights from this year's event
- 7 AFM unveils ‘fresh’ promotion
- 8 Grapes from Mexico launches spring campaign
- 9 Mexico set for bumper mango crop
- 10 Giumarra adds squash to offering