Netherlands-based group Ahold has reported net sales of €7.5bn for the first quarter ended 20 April 2008, an overall drop of 1.3 per cent when compared with 2007. The Albert Heijn chain saw overall sales increase by 13.5 per cent to f2.7bn, while sales at the group’s Czech Republic and Slovakian operation jumped by 18 per cent to €512m.
Wednesday 14th May 2008, 00:00 London
Net sales up for Ahold
Ahold has reported its first-quarter results
- 1 More choice and more variety at GBC2018
- 2 Love Beets promotes new range
- 3 Fresh produce companies ‘are part of a food culture’
- 4 Amazon can 'treat whole food category as a loss leader'
- 5 Jumbo set to enter Belgium in 2019
- 6 Rewe expands produce hub network
- 7 UK market becoming 'less attractive'
- 8 Subscribers onlyStrong supply drives down potato prices
- 9 The Greenery makes snap decision on berries
- 10 Produce expert joins FFSEE programme