In Turkey, Carrefour has announced plans to invest €254m over the next three years to speed up growth in the country, according to Haluk Dinçer of Carrefour's local joint-venture partner Sabanci Holding. Elsewhere, Carrefour has revealed that it has opened its first Romanian store under the Carrefour Express banner, located in Resita.
Wednesday 28th May 2008, 00:00 London
Carrefour moves in Turkey, Romania
Eastern European growth for the retailer
- 1 Rewe expands produce hub network
- 2 CEE to power Europe's grocery market
- 3 Produce expert joins FFSEE programme
- 4 Middle East: New investments point to better times
- 5 Besana shells out for bigger share of nut market
- 6 GBC2017 lays down berry health challenge
- 7 Honeyberries: Are they the fifth berry?
- 8 European grocery market grows at fastest rate for year
- 9 Subscribers onlyChilling winter for salad veg suppliers
- 10 Veg shortages hit retailers and consumers