In Turkey, Carrefour has announced plans to invest €254m over the next three years to speed up growth in the country, according to Haluk Dinçer of Carrefour's local joint-venture partner Sabanci Holding. Elsewhere, Carrefour has revealed that it has opened its first Romanian store under the Carrefour Express banner, located in Resita.
Wednesday 28th May 2008, 00:00 London
Carrefour moves in Turkey, Romania
Eastern European growth for the retailer
- 1 Nuts, fruit and veg top EU food recall chart
- 2 Freskon returns with grape focus
- 3 Exports ‘keeping Greek distributors afloat’
- 4 Rewe expands produce hub network
- 5 CEE to power Europe's grocery market
- 6 Produce expert joins FFSEE programme
- 7 Middle East: New investments point to better times
- 8 Besana shells out for bigger share of nut market
- 9 GBC2017 lays down berry health challenge
- 10 Honeyberries: Are they the fifth berry?