Dole ireland has extended its longstanding support for the Irish football club, a partnership that stretches back seven decades
Dole, the world’s largest fresh produce company, has teamed up Irish football club Dundalk FC to become title sponsor of its MU17 and MU19 academy teams.
Under its previous name Total Produce, the group now known as Dole Ireland supported Dundalk FC for much of the last decade, and historical ties between club and company stretch back even further.
“Dole’s association with Dundalk FC extends back to the 1950s, from McCann Fruit to, more recently, Total Produce,” said Vincent Dolan, Dole’s vice-president of marketing. “So we’re particularly proud to be sponsoring our hometown club’s MU17 and MU19 academy teams.”
Total Produce acquired a 45 per cent stake in US-owned business Dole Food Company in July 2018. Then, at the end of July 2021, it secured a merger with the group by acquiring the remaining 55 per cent share.
Dole now employs a total of 38,500 employees worldwide and supplies more than 100bn portions of fresh fruit and vegetables every year to consumers across Europe, North America, and beyond.
Dolan added: “Fruit, sport, good health, and well-being are inextricably linked so this partnership represents a perfect fit for Dole. So we’re really looking forward to seeing the next generation of Dundalk FC players develop over the coming years.”
Dundalk FC chief operating officer Martin Connolly said the club was “delighted” to announce the new partnership with Dole.
“As a club, we place a big emphasis on developing and nurturing our academy players, and this backing from Dole will help our MU17 and MU19 players to try and maximise their potential,” he commented.
“Dole Ireland’s origins in Dundalk and the north-east can be traced back to the 1850s and we are proud to extend our association with a company that was born locally and is now recognised as one of the biggest fruit and vegetable companies in the world.”
Pictured above: Dole Ireland marketing manager Naomi Cassidy (centre) alongside Dundalk FC Academy players Eoin Kenny (left) and Anthony Moyo. Photo: Ciaran Culligan
No comments yet